home      about    subscribe   contact

Monday, July 26, 2010

Make-up Monday: Touch of teal

Photobucket

I'm really excited to introduce a new weekly feature here on the ol' blog, Make-up Monday! I've gotten very positive feedback on my make-up posts in the past (thanks everyone!) and have been wanting to introduce a weekly feature for a while, so this works out perfectly! This is no subtle look, but I thought it was a lot of fun. I apologize that my bangs are super messy in the first few photos.

After applying Quo Mineral Sheer Tint tinted moisturizer in Porcelain, I apply Smashbox Skin tint in Tint to the apples of my cheeks. Smashbox Skin tint is a really nice cream formula that can be used on your cheeks and lips.
Photobucket

I blend the blush using my fingers and apply Mac Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15 on top of everything.
Photobucket

On to the eyes.
Photobucket
1. Mac Cork
2. Mac Hey (part of Fafi Eyes 1, but not LE)
3. The white from the Lise Watier Vintage Moderne Palette

I apply the white under my brows and on the inner corner of my eyes as a highlight, apply Cork across the lid, and dab Hey on the centre of my lids.
Photobucket

Time for teal! I found this pigment at Save on Foods for a few dollars and it is a wonderful colour and formula. I take an eyeliner brush, spritz it with water, and dip it into the teal pigment. Then I apply it under my eyes.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Using my Prestige liquid eyeliner in Azure, I draw on the winged liner.
Photobucket

After I've got a nice shape I like, I bring the teal out underneath so it is part of the 'wing.'
Photobucket

Finally, I apply some mascara and lip gloss and the look is done!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. This look is so hot! I love looks like this for nights out. You look gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oo I look forward to this feature, this look is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so pretty. I love it. I need to work on perfecting my winged eyeliner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh I love it! I cannot for the life of me do liquid eyeliner, this makes me wish I could x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I accidentally came across your blog and am lovin' it! Btw, you look real gorgeous, hon. =)

    x
    http://dialogueswithafruitcake.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, that looks so great for a night out! you don't know how much I try to make winged eyeliner! I can't make both eyes look the same :( I'll keep on practising, you're obviously so skilled :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please please please please tell me the name of the LA Splash pigment you used. Thank you =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @xxMxx, I'm so sorry, but I don't know the name of the pigment!

    ReplyDelete

KEEP ON BROWSING!

FlickrTwitterTumblrFormspringLookbook