home      about    subscribe   contact

Friday, July 30, 2010

Missing Metric

My dad was going to take me to an outdoor concert tonight, to see Metric and Hot Hot Heat. I've seen Metric before but have never seen Hot Hot Heat live. It was part of Capital Ex so it was free, you just have to pay the $12 grounds admission.

Right as we were about to leave, it started raining. Determined, we grabbed our umbrellas and headed out. We made it about a block before we were both soaked and my dad's umbrella had broken, so we turned around. The sky is dark and there's a lot of thunder and lightening. I'm glad to be at home, and not too dissapointed that I'll be missing the concert.

Here's what I was going to wear out, but I've already changed into sweats. I think I'll cuddle up with coffee and Bailey's and watch TV. House and Medium are both on tonight.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Black pants - Old Navy size 18
Striped shirt - Old Navy size XXL
Shoes - Payless size 11
Necklace - thrifted
Purse - Polly Magoo's

7 comments:

  1. Super Cute Outfit.

    http://caviardreamsbudget.onsugar.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, that's too bad, but Im glad you're safe, lol, thunder storms are scary. :) Hot hot heat is an old fav. of mine, cool you like them too! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog through my sister-in-law (http://lizziederksen.blogspot.com/)

    I went to see Hot Hot Heat last night (and metric too, I guess). It was too stormy for Hot Hot Heat to play and pretty rainy and wet when Metric played.

    I love your blog and your style. Where are your favourite places to thrift in Edmonton? I like the vv over by kingsway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice outfit ;o)

    http://malou-welovecurves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Simple Beauty, thank you!

    @Jennifer, Thanks! I know, and whenever there's a thunder storm people always compare it to the weather conditions prior to the 1987 tornado, even scarier! Hot Hot heat's an old fave of mine too, how awesome.

    @K, Hello! Did Hot Hot Heat not play then? Thank you!
    My favourite places to thrift are the Value Village by Kingsway, the Value Village on Whyte (89th street & 82 ave), the Salvation Army on 111th avenue just past 142nd street, and the Bissell Centre on 118th ave and 89th street.
    The VV on Whyte is best for plus size clothing, and the Salvation Army and Bissell are great for clothes, accessories, and household items.

    @Malou, thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have those same shoes in a different color, and they totally destroyed my ankles! like completely shredded them. i was bummed because i bought them on clearance, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @sawcebox, that's terrible! I personally find them super comfortable, but they are so cheaply made. The "insoles" have been peeling off in layers.

    ReplyDelete

KEEP ON BROWSING!

FlickrTwitterTumblrFormspringLookbook