home      about    subscribe   contact

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Taste of Edmonton

The other night I headed downtown to A Taste of Edmonton, a festival that showcases 40 of Edmonton's best restaurants, and gives you a chance to sample their dishes. This was the first time I've gone, and while it's expensive and crowded, I had a great time and certainly enjoyed the food.


Photobucket
Chana masala with saffron rice from New Asian Village. This is the best saffron rice I've had. I've only eaten at New Asian Village once, years ago before I even liked Indian food. I'd love to go again, but it's very expensive.

Photobucket
Keegan's chicken tiki with garlic naan bread, also from New Asian Village. Best naan bread of my life.

Photobucket
Deep fried ice cream. Yum oh yum. It's like having apple crisp with ice cream, but you don't have to put up with the apples.

Photobucket
Vegan salty "chicken" from Padmanadi. It was delicious, but a little tough. Padmanadi is Edmonton's best vegan restaurant, and this is the first I've tried off of their menu. I've been wanting to go for ages, and it's time I check out the restaurant.

Photobucket
Keegan's sushi with fish eggs. He offered me some but ew, fish eggs!

Photobucket
Shrimp tempura. I'm taking a break from vegetarianism, and boy did I enjoy this shrimp. I still prefer zucchini tempura though.

Photobucket
I forget what this is called but it was so good! It's a shot of espresso, with vanilla gelato, whipped cream, and chocolate sauce. Best dessert ever, too bad I had to split it.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Chocolate lava cake with raspberry sorbet. While cute, this was the least delicious food of the evening.


I also took photos of my outfit while we we at A Taste of Edmonton, but they're on my friend's camera. I'll post those as soon as I get them.

5 comments:

  1. Yummy omg.
    We used to have a festival like this in Winnipeg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg I'm so hungry now! :D
    by the way, I totally love your blog

    xoxo Chiara Grace ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks so yummy!! Awesome pictures!

    maggiesfarmm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog! Now I am frickin starving, lol! You have a new follower :)

    Adrienne
    http://lolarocksclothing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of that looks so yummy...except the sushi. lol

    ReplyDelete

KEEP ON BROWSING!

FlickrTwitterTumblrFormspringLookbook