home      about    subscribe   contact

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Dawson Creek, BC

Here are some of my favourite places in Dawson Creek.

First up is the Dawson Creek Farmer's Market. It's quite small, held in the parking lot of the Co-op Mall, and I just love it. Farmer's markets in the city are so big you can barely move, and this small one is a nice change. I'm also in love with my purchases.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Cute little owl!

Photobucket

Photobucket
I love this hand bound notebook, the flower buttons are the icing on the cake.

Photobucket
The owl, notebook, and lip balm were all made by the same woman.

Photobucket

Photobucket
The cupcakes and raspberry muffins were just delicious!


This is actually the first time I visited this coffee bar, and I'm sure glad I did.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Cool interior.

Photobucket
The best mocha of my life, and my first quiche.


I love this store. We almost didn't go because we couldn't remember the name of it or where it was, but thankfully my dad's cousin was able to tell us where to go.

Photobucket

Photobucket

At the Olde Creek Store, I bought this beautiful scarf (pictured in my last post) and this cute handmade lolli.

Photobucket

Photobucket


And finally, the Dawson Creek Art Gallery. The gallery is in an old grain elevator, and is the coolest art gallery I've ever been to. Seriously. And it always features phenomenal art.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
This is a collage! It’s brilliant, if I do say so myself.

Photobucket

The gift shop might as well be a gallery on its own. It has incredible pottery from local potters, as well as products from other local artisans.

Photobucket

At the art gallery, my parents bought me these two rings. The silver and amber ring was $20, and the cool handmade bronze ring was $15.

Photobucket

Photobucket

And I bought myself this cute colouring book.
Photobucket

Photobucket

I know I’ve already bogged you down with photos, but I just have to show you a few of the beautiful murals around downtown Dawson Creek.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Dawson Creek is one of my favourite cities. Could you guess? I'd love to raise my family there. ♥

3 comments:

  1. Wow. That place sure has character. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post that represents not only the fun you had, but the wonderful experience of it all.Great photos! Love the rings.
    Bella
    http://gypsyroxylee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Happy 18th Birthday to you! How great it is to be able to drink legally now :) I wish you many happy returns and hope you had fun!

    ReplyDelete

KEEP ON BROWSING!

FlickrTwitterTumblrFormspringLookbook