home      about    subscribe   contact

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Holiday Recap

I had such a great time on holidays! I got back on Friday evening but I've been busy as a bee since then. Unfortunately time management/balancing isn't my forte and I'm exhausted! And just after I'd gotten all relaxed at a mountain cabin. Oh well, so is life, right? :) I have a few outfit photos to share later this week, but for now here are some photos from my week in Kananaskis.

striped tee
What I wore on my first day at the cabin: Spring sandals, Penningtons jeans, Old Navy t-shirt, and Joe Fresh scarf.


kanaskis2011 011

kanaskis2011 012
My lovely bike Mabel! There were so many paved trails, great for a novice cyclist like myself.

kanaskis2011 024

kanaskis2011 033
Alloy sweatshirt, Old Navy shorts

kanaskis2011 038
The always idyllic Canyon in Kananaskis country. The water is only a few degrees above freezing, but it's too pretty not to swim in!

kanaskis2011 048
I was a bit braver than normal and climbed some rocks with my sister and her partner.

kanaskis2011 107

kanaskis2011 108

The amount of wildlife we saw was incredible! We saw three female moose, a male moose, deer, plenty of mountain sheep, ground squirrels, and even a Grizzly Bear with her two cubs, from only 20 feet away (thankfully we were in the safety of our car). Seeing bears that close is such a treat, they're majestic! We also had a resident chipmunk, who somehow managed to spend as much time in the cabin as we did. Those cute little guys are sneaky!

kanaskis2011 158

kanaskis2011 161

kanaskis2011 230

kanaskis2011 135

kanaskis2011 138

panormaic
A panoramic I haphazardly threw together of the view over Merle Lake.

I had such a good time, and I hope the overload of photos wasn't too much to handle. I'll be back again tomorrow with another post!

4 comments:

  1. What a fun trip! Love the outfits and the shorter hair :) And that panoramic photo is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like the perfect vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so beautiful there! Makes me wish I had a car, just so I could explore more, and go camping. :)

    ReplyDelete

KEEP ON BROWSING!

FlickrTwitterTumblrFormspringLookbook