home      about    subscribe   contact

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Maxi

maxi 007

I've wanted to give maxi skirts a try for a while, but I wasn't really into the floral maxi dresses that were available for the summer. I much prefer maxi skirts in dark colours for autumn, layered under button-ups and over-sized sweaters, and finished with boots. The weather here is no where near fall-like though, so I wore this skirt in a bit cooler way to accommodate for the summer heat.

maxi 008

maxi 004

Old Navy skirt, Old Navy top, Spring sandals, F21 sunglasses, gifted necklace

maxi 008


I also got a new piercing as an early birthday present to myself (after the outfit photos were taken, as you can see). I absolutely love it!

labret

I wanted something new before I left Alberta, so I decided to jump at my long-time longing for this piercing. Done by Sarai Jorgenson at Strange City.

6 comments:

  1. Delurking to say I love the piercing! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really digging the outfit. You always look so cute in these pics.

    So what defines a "maxi" skirt? Because I thought a maxi dress was like a tank top upper with a long, loose bottom.

    I'd love to get one. I wasn't sure I could pull it off with my shape, but you and I have a similar shape and you are rockin it. Do you have any tips for me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jen, Thank you! :)

    @Mandy, Thanks! :) I consider a maxi skirt to be anything that hits at ankle-length. I'd consider what you're describing at an empire waist dress. My biggest tip would be to make sure the skirt sits at your stomach, not below it, or the shape looks a little off. Mine is about an inch under my bellybutton. Also, I'd suggest wearing it with a shirt that's on the shorter side. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the necklace and the top, I've been coveting that exact top actually. I'm a sucker for stripes.

    Oooh love the piercing!

    <3Honeysuckelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful outfit, simple yet stylish and chic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are very pretty and I love your style! xxx



    PLease follow me on www.bigisalsobeautiful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

KEEP ON BROWSING!

FlickrTwitterTumblrFormspringLookbook