home      about    subscribe   contact

Friday, August 26, 2011

Pottery, Part 1

Over the past two months, I've been taking a pottery course at the City Arts Centre. The class was wonderful, and I was thrilled that the instructor was a potter I already knew (my high school pottery teacher's friend). After not doing pottery for the past year, it was great to brush up on my skills before entering into my fine arts program! The class ended this week, and I wanted to share with you some of the pieces I've made. Most of the pieces are still being fired, so look out for the 'part 2' of this post next week!

maxi 008
Double pinch pot hand-built rattle

maxi 008
Slab and coil pot decorated with sgraffito




4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, excellent job on the pottery.

    <3Honeysuckelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really lovely. I miss ceramics. The wheel was my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're pretty talented! I never progressed past playdoh :P



    Rose
    http://halifaxrose.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

KEEP ON BROWSING!

FlickrTwitterTumblrFormspringLookbook